Thursday, March 18, 2010

R.I.P. NUJABES!


Jun Seba aka Nujabes, was a great Japanese producer/DJ, owner of Shibuya record stores and as well as the independent label Hydeout Productions. Nujabes was def. in his own lane of production mixing elements of hip hop and jazz, he also scored the anime Samurai Champloo. On Feb. 26th, 2010 Nujabes was involved in a fatal car accident, the funeral was private and the announcement of his death was released today.

R.I.P. to the great Nujabes, your soul will live on through the beats! If you don't know about Nujabes GET ON IT, NOW! He creates beautiful soundscapes, a truly unique artist. Nujabes will always remain as one of my favorite producers.

Here's a couple of my favorite joints from Nujabes, go and cop his Metaphorical Music & Modal Sound albums, as well as the Hydeout Production collections.







Peace & Love to the family & friends of Nujabes. Go to this link for a written statement from a fellow friend/rapper of Nujabes, Shing02 - http://www.e22.com/nujabes/

I just listened to Peaceland and I swear I almost lost it...this is too fucking sad...