Sunday, April 25, 2010

Undaground Tha Illest (aka Unda)- The Bathurst Winter Suite (Trailer)

Undaground Tha Illest - The Bathurst Winter Suite from Generation Me-X Entertainment TV on Vimeo.

"The Bathurst Winter Suite is an on going project that's been in progress since the first time I visited Toronto. The city is full of record stores, book stores, friendly people, and an amazing music scene. On each trip I would go to the dollar bin and collect whatever I could find (records, tapes, CDs) and take them back to the hostel or hotel I was staying at to create new beats. I've walked throughout the streets with a sound recorder capturing the ambiance of the city, as well as video taping the record digging hot spots.

Some tracks are sampled, most are 100% original. Everytime I've been to T-Dot I've stayed on Bathurst Street, and for the majority, its been in the winter...brutal Canadian winters at that. I've only worked on these tracks while I was on Bathurst Street, and I see no reason to work on them anywhere else. I don't think I would be able to capture the same essence and mood, and it just wouldn't feel right.

I know its SPRING TIME already, but in March I spent my Spring Break in Toronto and actually finished mixing a couple of tracks.

In the meantime, check out "The Bathurst Winter Suite" trailer which features 4 samples (unmixed) from the EP itself, and is all shot in Toronto. Including behind the scenes creation of the EP, Toronto's graff art, & much more."

"The Bathurst Winter Suite" will be released on Generation Me-X Entertainment. You can download the EP for FREE @ bluntgutsnation.com & genmx.com.